Senior AI Scientist – Vehicle Health
SAN JOSE, CA,
The next generation computing platform will be the autonomous driving electric vehicle. With data from in-car sensors, a mobile internet connected car, increased computing power, and new user interfaces that support a seamless autonomous driving experience, they will dramatically improve our lives. After home and work, the car is where we spend the most time, and we will be working on making that experience pleasurable. NIO is much more than a car company. We are developing highly performance-optimized electric cars that will help reduce pollution and mitigate global warming, along with autonomous driving capability that will give time back to the drivers.
Onboard Vehicle Health Monitoring is a key function for making the autonomous driving function safe to operate. Building this is an important part of the project that requires knowledge of Vehicle systems and their Dynamics, System Identification, Machine Learning, and various other technologies. The AI team will play a critical role in achieving this by working with all the subsystems from vehicle engineering, powertrain, and autonomous driving, and building this function. We are looking for an exceptional AI scientist to join our team to work on this core problem area.
· Work with Vehicle Subsystems teams to determine potential faults and anomalies
· Build simulation models for Fault occurrence and propagation
· Research, Prototype, and Build Diagnostics & Prognostics Algorithms that detect, isolate, identify, and predict component faults and their effect on component and system performance.
· Implement the Diagnostics & Prognostics algorithms and test them in a Matlab/Simulink and Python/C++ environment
· Validate algorithms in vehicle test platforms.
· Analyze the observed and experimental data and explain the findings to the management
· Masters or PhD in Aero-Astro, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or related degree
· Experience in system diagnostics and prognostics, system modeling, machine learning, and optimization algorithms
· Experience with analyzing data, including querying, aggregation, and visualization techniques.
· Programming skills in Matlab Simulink, Python or C++
· Communication and presentation skills to convey information and results clearly and concisely.
· High-energy self-starter with a passion for your work, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
NIO Inc. is a pioneer in China’s premium electric vehicle market, founded in November 2014. NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle by offering premium smart electric vehicles and being the best user enterprise. NIO designs, jointly manufactures, and sells smart and connected premium electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in connectivity, autonomous driving and artificial intelligence. Redefining the user experience, NIO provides users with comprehensive, convenient and innovative charging solutions and other user-centric services. NIO began deliveries of the ES8, a 7-seater high-performance premium electric SUV in China from June 2018 and officially launched the ES6, a 5-seater high-performance premium electric SUV, on NIO Day, December 15, 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
NIO US is an E-Verify employer.